Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Week!

My.
Oh.
My.

 This week has been absolutely crazy! Here's a quick rundown:

 Monday: I worked at the daycare from 8AM-4:30PM. The kids were absolutely NUTS (as I had expected), and I was thoroughly exhausted by the time I got home. Thomas and I decided to leave for our home home that night), so we packed everything quickly, collected the cat, and were off! Poor Leia had a horrible time in the car and puked several times. Thomas started off holding her while I drove, but we soon had to switch places because she is much more calm when I hold her. We made it home safe and sound, and then slept for about 10 hours.

Tuesday: Christmas Eve! We started the day doing some last-minute shopping with my dad, and then we went to lunch. After that, we went to see Thomas' family for a few hours... and then, we went to my family's Christmas party. This was super special to me, because I hadn't been to this party since I was in high school! It was a great time. Santa even showed up! Here he is with my sweet Grammy:


After the party, we went back to Thomas' parents house and spent a few hours there, playing on the Wii and having a great time! Then, we went to visit my dad at work, where I gave Thomas his Christmas gift... 

a trip to DISNEY WORLD! 

We are going at the end of March. I can't wait!! We also presented my dad with his Christmas gift, which was a DVD player! We bought him a series of DVD's last year and then his player broke... but now he can finally watch them! :)

Wednesday: Christmas morning! We got up super early to watch Thomas' niece open gifts at his parents' house. We got lots of gift cards (including Disney money for our trip!) and spent the morning laying around and talking. We left around 1PM and went to see my dad, my grandparents, and my other grandparents! That night, we watched the movie Warm Bodies and ate gas station snacks, because no other place was open!

Thursday: or, should I say, "Shop until you drop" day! We left home at 9AM and went to Pittsburgh to shop... and didn't get home until 10PM! I bought all kinds of things with my gift cards (plus the ones from my mom! Thanks mommy!) The haul included... a leather jacket (on sale for $22 from $90!), 7 bottles of Bath and Body Works body wash, a new pair of jeans (which, by the way, were the first ones I tried on... HOLLA!), a cardigan, a scarf, 3 curtain panels (because the cat destroyed our other curtains), and a stocking for Leia with the letter L on it! Thomas and I also ate at Longhorn Steakhouse, which was delicious!

Friday: Plans for today include seeing more family, a little more shopping, and packing up because we leave tomorrow. It's a bittersweet feeling! I love being home and seeing family, but I also love being in my own home with my husband and Leia.

This is also the first Christmas season I have spent entirely without seeing my mom, who recently moved to Arizona with her husband and my sister. We are planning for her to come and visit in early March, and I absolutely can't wait!!!

I hope that everyone had the merriest of Christmases!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh love your gift to your husband! You guys will have SO much fun! Thursday was all about shopping for me, too - B&BW sale was the best! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to take him... he's never been tree before! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete