Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Farewell to 2013!

Don't ask me how... but it's already New Year's Eve! Every year on this day, I think back to the past 12 months and wonder where on earth the time has gone. This year brought so many good things! To name a few...


  • Thomas and I bought our first car
  • I got my first full-time job (and another one 5 months later)
  • I have my own classroom
  • Thomas graduated from college
  • We moved into our first home

... and those are just the highlights! 

One thing I try to do at the end of each December, while reflecting on the past year, is to make goals for the upcoming one. I'm not a huge fan of "New Year's Resolutions," because I think that those are mostly forgotten in the first few weeks of January. Most resolutions seem to be empty promises that we make to ourselves. They are vague, not backed by much determination, and not given a time frame during which we want to accomplish them.

My goals, on the other hand, are determined by month. I'll go into details in another post, but I have certain things that I want to accomplish during each month (or few months) of the upcoming year. While these goals might be a bit lofty, they are things that I am excited to go after and succeed in! 

What are your feelings on New Year's Resolutions? Do you love them? Hate them? Are you somewhere in between? 

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just read some of your posts! they are amazing! do you think maybe you'd have the time to read some of my own? here is my blog adress: http://emilyevans132.wordpress.com/ Thanks! and happy 2014 to you! love, Emily

    ReplyDelete