Friday, October 19, 2012

Blessings.

Sometimes, I'm a jerk.

Unfortunately, I've been a jerk an awful lot lately. I've pinpointed the reasons below. (I promise it's not all complaints! There is a point to this post... just keep reading!)

School is killing me! Last week I had midterms, and this week I had 2 big projects due, on top of my normal homework load. The lack of internet at home is really starting to wear on me (and not just because I often neglect this blog)!

Earlier this week, Husband and I were denied food stamps. I'm not embarrassed to say that we applied- we're both full-time students and part-time workers. We're very tight on money, and a little extra help would've been great! Apparently, though, college students have to be working a minimum of 20 hours/week to be eligible. (If I was working 20 hours/week, I wouldn't need food stamps! Duh!)  So we are ineligible. We aren't starving or anything, but it was a huge disappointment and very upsetting.

Lastly, I'm very homesick. I haven't seen my family since the middle of August, and don't know when I'll see them again. Since I work on Sundays, it's impractical for me to drive 3 hours on Friday to see them, just to drive 3 hours back on Saturday. Plus, gas is outrageously expensive (like I really needed to remind you, right?), and the minivan we drive is a total gas hog.

Ready for the good news?

Here's a little back-story: Because I have severe asthma, I get a scholarship from the state of West Virginia. The money pays for my books and about $3,000 in tuition. And, since I got married this summer, I was eligible for a ton of scholarships and grants. My tuition was basically covered.

So... the school is giving me my excess scholarship! On Monday, I will get a direct deposit of around $1,800 in my bank account.



ARE YOU KIDDING?!

This is such an unexpected blessing. My university is notorious for not giving students their excess money- it's usually just sent back or used for another semester.

Now, we don't need food stamps. We have plenty of money for groceries for months. I can visit my family in a few weeks (when I have a Sunday off) without worrying about the gas money. And... maybe I can convince Husband to get a cheap internet plan. :)

God is good and faithful...

and that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment