Monday, June 23, 2014

The Struggle... it's really, really real

It's time to talk about The Struggle. I've been dealing with it for a year and a half awhile, and it's starting to wear me down.

The Struggle refers to my search for a full-time teaching job.

Now, don't get me wrong. I taught preschool from September through May, and I loved it. But... it wasn't what I really wanted to be doing. My classroom was tiny, the daycare atmosphere was incredibly loud at times, and I had 4 different classes of students (MWF morning, MWF afternoon, TTh morning, TTH afternoon).


Now that Thomas and I are planning a move*, my search for a full-time teaching job has been put on the front burner! I have applied to several schools and have had a tiny bit of luck. Well, potential luck. Maybe. Hopefully I'll hear more today.

In the meantime, I am racking up as many hours as I can at the daycare! I am also trying to earn a little money by selling some things online. On Saturday, Thomas and I hit up a church rummage sale 25 minutes before it ended, and they were selling everything you could fit in a bag for $1! We filled 4 bags. Two of mine were with name brand kids' jeans, so I posted them on eBay! I've had some luck selling there before, so I'm hopeful now.

And now, I'm off to work. To make money. To move. :)

*If you are a family member who doesn't know about the move and are wondering if you should be offended, don't. Very few people know. We'll make the official announcement soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment