Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Vegetable Beef Stew!

You guys! I made vegetable beef stew tonight, and let me tell you- it was delicious!

(By the way, I don't even like vegetables or beef... but it was still SO good.)

I didn't use a recipe, but I know what I used. I guess that means that I have my own recipe?

Here it is!



Vegetable Beef Stew
Ingredients-
1 lb. stew meat
1 bag frozen veggies (I used a mix of corn, peas, and green beans)
4 chopped potatoes
1 can beef broth
1 bottle vegetable juice (V8 or similar)
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. season salt
1 tsp. garlic
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. cinnamon
Assorted other spices to taste

Instructions-
(I know it's complicated, but stay with me!)
Dump everything into a Crock Pot. Stir well and cook for 7 hours.
Toward the end, I added 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese to the top and stirred it in.

So good!

Husband and I both had a bowl (with grilled cheese!), and we only ate about 1/4 of what I made. I plan on freezing the rest so we can thaw it out and have it again!

My next project will be chicken noodle soup... I'll keep you updated on how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment