Wednesday, July 17, 2013

It's HOT!

I mean, not to complain or anything, but I feel like the sun is located directly in my living room. Four feet away from me. Our house is currently 83 degrees (which, I must say, is an improvement from the 85 degrees it was earlier tonight)! This girl was NOT cut out for summer living!

In other news, I had a bucket-list check-off last night... I finally saw The Jonas Brothers in concert! I went with my best friend Kay, and it was one of my favorite nights ever. We hadn't seen each other since my wedding (seriously?! what is wrong with us?) but we picked up right where we left off last time! That's my favorite thing about friends! This is the only picture of us from last night, and please excuse the hot messes we are. We were, literally, hot messes. It was approximately one million degrees and also one million percent humidity! Both my makeup and my hair had melted before we left the parking lot. Sheesh!


It was such a great night, though! I am absolutely, completely, unashamedly in love with Nick Jonas. No worries, though- Thomas knows and completely understands. It was a 2-hour drive to the concert and another 2 hours home, so I finally rolled into the driveway around 1AM and then made my sweet, loving husband take the car back out for gas so I could die go to bed. This morning, I made a giant pot of coffee and poured it into a travel mug... which I promptly dropped upon stepping outside to leave for work. Whatevs! I stopped at Tim Horton's for breakfast (and iced coffee). Out of the budget... but whatever. I figured that if I didn't drink coffee and I didn't eat breakfast, I'd be so cranky that I'd get fired, so it really was a mature financial decision on my part (or so I'm telling myself)!

Here are some other snippets -

- I love my new job! Love, love, love. There is no other word. I work with wonderful people and hilarious kids. Check out this gem...
-Our cat has to be shaved! Poor baby has so much matted fur because she absolutely won't let us brush it out! Also, because she is SO hot all the time. I'm looking forward to a happier kitty, but I sure am going to miss all that fur!
-We're slowly but surely paying off debts! Each paycheck brings us a little closer to being debt-free, and I just love it.

That's all for now! Happy Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment