Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturdays

I love Thursdays.
(What?! The title of this post is Saturday.) 
I know.
I just... I love Thursdays because they allow me to be excited about the weekend. It's in sight! It's right around the corner! It's so close! And, I only have one day of work left until the REAL treat... 

Saturday!

Like most human beings, Saturdays are my favorite day of the week (except Sundays, duh. Church!). I love being able to "sleep in" and then do all kinds of things that I can't do during the week! Here are some of my favorite Saturday things:

1. Sleeping in. Duh? Did I even need to mention this one? Here's the thing, though- to me, "sleeping in" means setting my alarm for 8AM instead of 6AM (or, 8:01AM instead of 6:01AM, because I love odd numbers). I can't stand the thought of sleeping away one of my precious days off! I don't want to have regrets, like...



2. Donuts. For the past few weeks, I've been running to a local store on Saturday mornings to buy a few donuts to share with my boy. They are freshly made and CRUNCHY (which is obviously the best kind of donut, right? I'm not joking!).
3. YARD SALES. This only comes second because the aforementioned donuts are just SO good. I'm a sucker for a good yard sale... especially when I have a little money to spare! Some of my favorite things to look for are old jewelry, dressers (weird, right?), and any kind of glass jar/container/anything.
4. Cleaning. After around noon, I'm tuckered out and basically want to do nothing but sit on the couch and watch movies with the cat. (Thomas usually works Saturday afternoons, booooo!) BUT! I make myself clean our little house. Cleaning usually takes less than an hour, and it makes me feel so much better about my whole life. I am able to actually relax when it's all finished.
5. Anticipation! For those of you who don't know, I have another blog called Clip Smarter where I talk about my obsession love with saving money by using coupons! I typically spend Saturday nights browsing websites for sneak peeks of killer deals so I know right where to go when Sunday afternoon rolls around and my precious coupons are clipped!

What is your favorite things about Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment